Who Needs a Liquid Facelift?
Exposure to natural elements and a lifetime of facial expressions can leave our face with lines and wrinkles that age us beyond our years. As we age, our skin also loses its elasticity. This can leave us with loose, sagging skin. Most people who are looking to rejuvenate their appearance and reduce the signs of fine lines and wrinkles consider a traditional facelift. For patients who would like to avoid surgical procedures or those who may not be ideal candidates for surgery, Dr. Shareef Jandali offers the liquid facelift at his Connecticut plastic surgery practice. The liquid facelift is a more conservative option for contouring the face and treating lines and wrinkles.
What Is In a Liquid Facelift?
A liquid facelift in Connecticut is a non-surgical procedure that offers results that are very similar to those you would expect from a traditional facelift. Dr. Jandali uses dermal fillers and injections to contour the face, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and fill folds of excess skin. During a liquid facelift procedure, Dr. Jandali may use any combination of the following dermal fillers and injections:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Patients who receive BOTOX® Cosmetic injections can expect a reduction in wrinkles around the eyes or on the forehead. This product is used to relax muscles that are frequently used to make facial expressions.
- Dysport®: Dysport® is a product very similar to BOTOX®. It works by blocking the neurotransmitters to the muscles. This causes the muscles to relax, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane®: Restylane® is a dermal filler that is injected into the skin to fill lines and wrinkles. Restylane® is ideal for patients who have experienced, or fear they may experience, allergic reactions to other dermal fillers. In addition to filling in lines and wrinkles, Restylane® can be used to plump and fill lips.
- Juvederm™: Juvederm™ is an injectable gel that is similar to Restylane®. JUVÉDERM™ can be used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and plump up lips.
- Perlane®: Perlane® is another brand of cosmetic filler that can improve the appearance of wrinkles or fill in areas of sagging skin.
Results from these injectables vary, but a patient who receives a liquid facelift can expect results that last from six months to two years. Dr. Jandali personalizes the liquid facelift to match each patient’s needs and goals and will let you know which of these injectables can be used to give you the youthful and refreshed appearance you desire.
Alternatives to Liquid Facelift
Patients who would like more permanent results may want to consider surgical procedures. For our patients in Fairfield County Connecticut, eyelid surgery, brow lift surgery, facelift, and neck lift are all options available to treat signs of aging and refresh your facial appearance.
Schedule an Appointment
To see how Dr. Shareef Jandali can treat the signs of aging and give you a more refreshed and youthful appearance with a Liquid Facelift, schedule an appointment today. We look forward to meeting you! Call (203) 374-0310.