Ways to Prevent Lip Lines:
- Don’t drink through straws – constant pursing of the lips around a straw will cause these wrinkles to form and become deeper more quickly.
- Stop smoking – the pursing motion when placing a cigarette to the lips will cause these lines to deepen quickly. Smoking also causes dehydration and has overall negative effects on the skin, like damaging and decreasing the collagen content.
- Keep the lips moist and hydrated – drink water and apply a soothing lip balm to the lips to keep them moist and plump.
Ways to Correct Lip Lines:
- Chemical peels – remove the superficial layers of the skin and stimulate collagen growth with chemical exfoliation by a peel.
- Dermapen® - this new micro-needling device stimulates collagen growth by causing hundreds of small micro-injuries to the skin. The procedure smoothes fine lines and tightens the skin.
- Fillers – Juvederm® and Restylane® can be used to gently fill any deep individual lines or plump the entire lip slightly to remove early superficial lines.
- Botox® Cosmetic - small amounts of Botox in the orbicularis muscle of the upper lip can help correct and prevent further deepening of upper lip lines.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are interested in fixing your lip lines and wrinkles with a chemical peel, Dermapen®, Juvederm, or Restylane, call 203-374-0310 to set up an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!