Prevent Eye Wrinkles
- Wear sunglasses whenever in direct sunlight – this is probably the easiest one. Large sunglasses are fashionable but also act as a physical barrier to block UV rays from the skin around your eyes. They also help prevent you from squinting, which causes crow’s feet to form around the eyes over time.
- Avoid the sun or use a high SPF moisturizer. UV light causes the skin to age by thinning the collagen and causing cellular damage, leading to wrinkles. Excessive sun exposure can also lead to skin cancer.
- Stop smoking. Smoking decreases the amount of collagen and elastin in the skin, causing it to lose its elasticity and age more quickly.
- Stay hydrated – drinking a healthy amount of water daily will flush out toxins and metabolites while keeping the skin hydrated and plump.
Treat Eye Wrinkles and Crow's Feet
- Botox for the crow’s feet. Botox is one of the best ways to prevent and treat wrinkles on the sides of the eyes, especially in individuals who tend to squint often. Botox helps weaken the circular muscle around the eye that causes the formation of crow’s feet after years of repetitive action.
- Skin rejuvenation with Chemical Peels. SkinMedica chemical peels vary in strength to allow customization depending on skin type and the amount of sun damage. They remove the outer layer of skin and stimulate collagen growth, thus removing fine lines, sun spots, brown spots, and signs of aging.
- Skin resurfacing with Microdermabrasion. DermaSweep microdermabrasion is a particle-free and paraben-free treatment that is used to physically remove the outer dead layer of skin cells. Treatments can be followed with an Epi-Infusion which is customized to skin type and can help treat different conditions such as dry skin, acne, or pigmentation.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are interested in being evaluated for Botox, a chemical peel, or DermaSweep microdermabrasion, for eye wrinkle treatment, call 203-374-0310 to set up a complementary skin consultation. We look forward to seeing you!