Feminine Rejuvenation in Connecticut
Jandali Plastic Surgery offers non-surgical and surgical feminine rejuvenation for patients in Connecticut, including Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Fairfield, Wilton, Westport, Trumbull, Bridgeport, Shelton, Milford, and New Haven.
Vaginal Changes after Childbirth or with Aging
Women’s bodies undergo changes with pregnancy, childbirth, and aging. These factors not only affect the face, breasts, and body, but can also affect the external vaginal area (labia) and the vagina itself. As evidence by top Google searches, women are searching for ways to tighten “down there”. In addition, women are much more aware of the appearance of the external genital area due to internet use and the widespread trend of shaving, waxing, and lasering the vaginal area. Finally, due to changing societal norms, women feel less shy and embarrassed about discussing these issues with their physicians.
Fortunately, feminine rejuvenation is gaining recognition and both surgical and non-surgical procedures are being performed in higher numbers. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery statistics, in 2012, over 3,500 vaginal rejuvenation procedures were performed in the United States, which is an increase of 64% from 2011.
Cosmetic Female Genital Surgery
Feminine rejuvenation is a broad term that refers to a range of cosmetic and functional procedures to correct and restore form to the external female genital area and the vagina. When these procedures are being performed for cosmetic reasons, they are also referred to as aesthetic vaginal surgeries. The vaginal region can go through cosmetic and functional changes with childbirth, aging, and genetic predisposition.
What feminine rejuvenation procedures can correct:
- Enlarged, misshapen, or asymmetric labia minora (inner lips of the vagina)
- Enlarged, bulging, or lax labia majora (outer lips of the vagina)
- Excessive hooding of the clitoral hood
- Excessive prominence of the mons pubis
- Lack of cushion and thin deflated mons pubis
- Feelings of a “loose vagina” that don’t improve with Kegel exercises
You may be a candidate for a feminine rejuvenation procedure if:
- You are uncomfortable or embarrassed of the appearance of your labia, clitoral hood, or mons pubis
- You experience discomfort in tight-fitting clothing or swimsuits due to enlarged or uneven labia
- You have discomfort while exercising due to enlarged or uneven labia
- You have discomfort during sexual intercourse due to enlarged or uneven labia
- You feel like you have a “loose vagina” after childbirth or with aging, and you would like to tighten your vagina with a non-surgical method
- You have decreased vaginal moisture and natural lubrication during sexual intercourse. This atrophic vaginitis, or the feeling of a dry vagina, can occur with aging and a decrease in estrogen levels.
- You have orgasmic dysfunction and either take too long or fail to reach orgasm
- You have mild urinary incontinence and leak urine with activities
Labia Majora Reduction or Tightening
This procedure tightens and can reduce the fullness of the labia majora, or outer lips of the vagina. A wedge of skin and tissue is removed from the labia majora, using an incision that is hidden on the border between the labia majora and the labia minora. This procedure can correct what women often refer to as a “camel toe”.
Clitoral Hood Reduction
Clitoral hood remodeling is often performed in conjunction with a labiaplasty. This procedure removes excess tissue folds or prominent tissue that is overlying the clitoris. This can give a more aesthetic and proportional appearance to the entire genital area.
Mons Pubis Reduction
Excessive fullness or bulkiness of the mons pubis can be corrected with a surgical procedure. This procedure can be performed alone or in combination with an abdominoplasty. If performed alone, the excess fat is removed with liposuction. If performed at the same time as an abdominoplasty, it can either be liposuctioned or directly removed.
Mons Pubis Enhancement
An excessively thin mons pubis area, with minimal fatty padding, can be painful during sexual intercourse since there is little cushion on top of the pubic bone. Some women never develop an adequate amount of padding of the mons, while others have a loss of volume with aging. This is corrected by liposuctioning a small amount of fat from elsewhere on the body, and grafting or transferring the fat to the mons pubis to give it an extra layer of cushioning.
ThermiVa Non-Surgical Vaginal Tightening
Contact Us for Feminine Rejuvenation in Connecticut
If you have functional or cosmetic concerns with your vagina or outer vaginal area, call our office to schedule a consultation to learn more about surgical and non-surgical options for vaginal rejuvenation. Call 203-374-0310 to set up an appointment and speak to one of our nurses.